Monday, January 04, 2010

Thoughts on grace and love

I am just finishing up reading the book Aaron's Way: The Journey of a Strong-Willed Child by Kendra Smiley. (Check my literary blog (here) for a synopsis of this book sometime in the near future). Today, through the words of other godly men and women, God has hit me between the eyes. A few ideas to chew on:
- Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines to bestow benefits upon the undeserving. A.W. Tozer
- It is God's grace that enables us to be authentic and forgiven despite the fact that our lives have been fault-filled. Never underestimate the power of grace in your own life, the life of your strong-willed child, or the lives of those you intersect. Kendra Smiley
- Nothing we can do will make the Father love us less; nothing we do can make Him love us more. He loves us unconditionally with an everlasting love. All He asks of us is that we respond to Him with the free will He has given us. Nancie Carmichael
- If we love people, we will see them as God intends them to be. Florence Littauer

There are so many applications I see in here for my own life today, but for now I will just let the quotes speak for themselves.

1 comment:

Nancie said...

Hi friend,
Thanks for quoting me re how much God loves us. It is so life-changing if we can really take it in.
Would love to send you a copy of my new book, if you would like it: It's "Surviving One Bad Year--Spiritual Strategies to Lead You to a New Beginning."
Send me mailing info to nanciecarmichael@yahoo and I'll put it in the mail.
Blessings!
Nancie Carmichael
nanciecarmichael.com