Friday, December 25, 2009

A Merry Christmas to all...

While I have carved out some time in past days to spend at the foot of the Master, I have NOT been carving out time to blog about it. I know you've really been missing my reflections. Today I am back with thoughts on Christmas.


Isaiah 9:6&7a - "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end."

This is by far my favorite "Christmas" verse, first of all, because in such times of economic turmoil and corrupt government, it is reassuring to be reminded of who truly governs all. I also love these verses because I feel they encompass key aspects of God's character.


Wonderful COUNSELOR: "But true wisdom and power are found in God; counsel and understanding are his." Job 12:13

"You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny." Psalm 73:24

"But the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." John 14:26


MIGHTY God: "O Lord God, you have only begun to show your servant your greatness and your mighty hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do such works and mighty acts as yours?" Deut. 3:24

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength..." Job 9:4

"The Mighty One, God the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting." Psalm 50:1

"..for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name." Luke 1:49


EVERLASTING FATHER: "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - " John 1:12

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Rev. 1:8

Prince of PEACE: "You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all." Acts. 10:36

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do no give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


What an awesome God we serve, to send Jesus Christ to this earth, not only to rescue us with his love and mercy from the consequences that our sin deserves, but also to give us a model of Himself which we can give praise to and seek to imitate in our own lives.

Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments: