Tuesday, March 27, 2007

God, I am overwhelmed. This world is overwhelming and burdensome, and the master of it is bent on breaking us. Father, strengthen my armor against this place, the armor of your truth, righteousness, readiness, peace, faith, salvation, and your word. (Eph. 6:11) My prayer tonight is for the suffering of those dear to me so much more than my own trivialities. Teach us to keep our eyes fixed on your perfect will.


Calmer of the Storm by Downhere
When everything is wrong
The day has passed and nothing's done
And the whole world seems against me
When I'm rolling in my bed, there's a storm in my head
I'm afraid of sinking in despair.
CHORUS:
Teach me, Lord to have faith
In what you're bringing me will
Change my life and bring you glory &
There on the storm I am learning to let go
Of the will that I so long to control
There may I be in your arms eternally
I thank you, Lord, you are the calmer of the storm.

You rebuke the wind and the waves
Once again I find I'm amazed at the power of your will
Cuz I'm a child of little faithI feel the wind and forget your grace
And you say, "Peace, be still."

And oh, when the torrent blows in the middle of the sea,
may I never trust, never trust in me,
Cuz there in your arms I find...no tragedy

The white wave's high, it's crashing o'er the deck
And I don't know where I go
Where are you Lord, is my ship going down?
The mast is gone so throw the anchor
Should I jump and try to swim to land?

There on the storm, teach me God to understand
Of Your will that I just cannot control
There may I see all your love protecting me
I thank you Lord, you are the calmer of the storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always prayed for God to bless people with a good and safe life. Now, I see that the blessing is being able to have a good and safe life as they are battling out God's will for the lives, which ultimately is his mission that was interrupted. When you take up that fight, you take a side and finding refuge, strength and peace is the greatest heaven on earth. I pray that God will send you a mission. I pray that God will bless you my friend, with a calling so big that you will resent not taking it. I pray that you will find that 'life' that is waiting to break forth so that you do not continue to lie dormat and allowing life to just pass by another day...waiting for empty hopes in a world that has none...i pray for your husband and family to be saved by this blessing and this alone. For as you die to yourselves and live out this mission you will anticipate meeting your savior daily.